"ignore thread" option

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Tiburcio, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Tiburcio

Tiburcio Illuminated

Hi

I noticed there is no way if ignoring a thread without ignoring other users. There can be thread that don't interest you at all and are constantly being posted but you have nothing against people who post it.

Then, why not creating an option for ignoring threads (only the thread without ignoring persons)? The max we have is an unwatch thread option but if the posts don't interest me I doubt I could follow thst thread.

Thank you for your time.

Why. and Comatose11 like this.
  2. Serge

Serge Admin

I'm not sure what you mean:

- Ignoring a thread you posted in or created in the sense that you don't wants alerts from it is already explained in the FAQ and has nothing to do with ignoring users.
    -Ignoring a thread in the sense that you don't want to see it when you go to the forum is unavoidable. Even if there was a button that "made it disappear", all it would do is collapse the thin line it occupies on the thread list, so I don't see why it's a big deal.

Tiburcio likes this.
  3. Tiburcio

Tiburcio Illuminated

That is what I meant. Something similar to ignore an user but with a thread, making it invisible for you.

But I didn't know is not possible.

Comatose11 likes this.
  4. Rex

Rex Mod

As a side note, if you go to https://sanctionedsuicide.net/account/preferences look under options and untick "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply..."

That way regardless of what thread you reply to, you won't get notifications in your alert box every time a new post happens. I have this unticked myself.

But yeah what serge said is on point, not possible to remove a thread from your own personal view.

Tiburcio likes this.